Davidson Men’s Golf Co-Hosts Irish Creek Intercollegiate
Davidson and its cross-county rival Charlotte will host the 2018 Cabarrus County Irish Creek Intercollegiate, April 7-8, at The Club at Irish Creek.
The two-day 54-hole event will begin with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start Saturday morning on the Par 71, 7,099-yard layout. Following 36 holes on the opening day, Sunday’s final round will also tee off at 8:30 a.m.
In addition to the co-hosts, the 15-team field will feature Akron, Clemson, Dartmouth, Dayton, Georgia Tech, Indiana, James Madison, Kansas, Middle Tennessee State, UNCG, North Florida, West Virginia and VCU.
Four of the participating teams are ranked in the Top-35, while six competitors sit inside the Top-100 individually.
- Event: The Cabarrus County Irish Creek Collegiate
- Course: The Club at Irish Creek | Par 71 | Yards: 7,099
- Location: Kannapolis, N.C.
- Date: April 7-8, 2018
- Practice Round: Friday, April 6, 2018 — 12 PM (Shotgun Start)
- First/Second Round: Saturday, April 7, 2018 — 8:30 AM (Shotgun Start)
- Final Round: Sunday, April 8, 2018 — 8:30 AM (Shotgun Start)
- Live Scoring: GolfStat.com
- Field Size: 15 Teams | 88 Competitors
Davidson will enjoy a three-week break before traveling to Orlando for the 2018 Atlantic 10 Championship April 27-29.