Town of Davidson’s Earth Day Fair
Celebrate at the Davidson Farmer’s Market on Saturday, April 21
DAVIDSON, N.C. –The Town of Davidson and the Green Davidson community group invite citizens to the Earth Day Fair on Saturday, April 21 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Davidson Farmer’s Market (behind Summit Coffee and adjacent to town hall). Earth Day is celebrated annually around the world on April 22.
The Earth Day fair will include an E-Waste Recycling Drive to benefit E2D. The mission of E2D is to ensure all students have access to essential technology at home. This is a student-led community service project working to bridge the electronic divide through recycling. Bring your laptop computers, cell phones, and printers to donate for this great cause. Televisions and monitors will not be accepted at this event.
The Earth Day fair will feature:
- Local beekeeper: learn about Davidson’s Bee City USA designation and how native plants support pollinators
- TreesDavidson’s efforts and partnerships to preserve the tree canopy and plant new trees
- Wipe Out Waste recycling and hazardous waste information for Mecklenburg County
- Davidson Green School’s aquaponic greenhouse system Q&A and food donation efforts
- Davidson Parks and Recreation vehicle, the ELF bike: Electric, Light, Fun
- Local Author Tia Capers: celebrate her book, Nadia’s Green Day Festival, with some coloring fun
- An E-Waste Recycling Drive to benefit E2D (see details above)
- Children’s activities throughout the fair: Davidson Lands Conservancy’s World of Wonder booth with the N.C. National Wildlife Federation, face painting, and more
Support the Bike/Walk to the Market Challenge by traveling “carbon free” or taking public transit to the event. You’ll earn a Farmer’s Market Buck. Stop by the Green Davidson booth for your prize.
Visit the Davidson Parks and Recreation booth for more information about National Bike Month in May – several local events are scheduled:
- Bike/Walk to Town Day (May 5)
- Bike to School (May 9)
- Lake Norman Bike Expo and Community Ride (May 12)
- National Bike to Work Week (May 14 – 18)
- Family Bike Ride – Spirited Cyclist Bike Shop at 6:00 pm (May 17)
- Davidson Tour de Trees (May 26)