Town Day – May 5, 2018
DAVIDSON, N.C. – This year’s Town Day is from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 5 on the town green. All citizens are encouraged to walk or ride a bike to the green (May is National Bike Month). Police officers will be stationed at key intersections to ensure safety. Ride your bike and park it in the “Bike Corral” near the Town of Davidson booth.
Town Day was originally started as a day of service followed by a town picture. This year the service component and the town picture will be incorporated into the festivities. Citizens will have the opportunity to bring items for a food drive and/or help the Davidson Housing Coalition (DHC) with a hands-on volunteer project. To sign-up for the DHC service project, visit the website. Please consider bringing a donation of non-perishable food or canned goods when you come to Town Day. Collection baskets will be located at the Town of Davidson booth, and food will be delivered to families in need following the event.
The town picture will take place at 10:00 a.m. Please meet on the patio in front of the library. There will also be a series of ‘Minute to Win It’ games located by the town booth, so bring your friends and neighbors to compete for a prize.
For more information, call 704-892-3349 or visit online.
Once at the green, you’ll enjoy:
- a cake walk,
- yard games,
- a native plant sale,
- green screen performances,
- face painting,
- puzzles and memory games,
- a pinewood derby,
- creating wildflower seed-packets,
- the Davidson Athletics’ prize wheel,
- the monkey bridge,
- pollinator activities,
- skill building activities,
- the Lake Norman Currents Canine Cover Dog Competition Finals,
- music, entertainment, and food, and
- many booths featuring Davidson organizations.
Visit the Town of Davidson booth to:
- see the E.L.F. (the parks and recreation vehicle),
- safely dispose of expired and unused pharmaceuticals,
- register for our Vial of Life program (ensure that first responders receive your medical information during an emergency)
- learn about the town’s pedestrian and bicyclist safety campaign, Watch For Me NC,
- learn about child safety and anti-bullying,
- meet McGruff the crime dog,
- register for the CharMeck Alerts system, and
- get information on the programs and summer camps offered by the parks and recreation department.
The Davidson Fire Department will display a fire truck on Main Street.
“The focus on community and caring for our community is where the roots of Town Day started,” said Mayor Rusty Knox. “We should all remember that we are not only neighbors and residents, but stewards of this town that is so special to all of us.”
For more information, please contact the Davidson Parks and Recreation Department at 704-892-3349 or [email protected].