HOUSES OF WORSHIP
Back to School Breakout at Gethsemane Baptist Church
In an effort to make a difference in our community, Gethsemane Baptist Church of Lake Norman will host the 11thAnnual Back-2-SchoolBreakout.We are looking forward to a fun-filled time! This year’s event will be held Saturday, August 18, 2018 ~ 10am-1pm, where we will provide FREE book bags with school supplies and athletic shoes to area students in grades K-12. There will also be FREE entertainment, food, and games for the youth to enjoy as we set the atmosphere for a time of fun, fellowship and a sense of community. We’ll have a GAME truck, free HAIRCUTS, NAIL ART, GAMES, crafts corner, corn hole, BOUNCE HOUSE,PRIZES and much, much more.
Last year we were able to provide nearly 400 backpacks of school supplies and 200 pairs of athletic shoes through Samaritan Feet shoe distribution.
We are thankful for the collaboration with representatives from St. Alban’s Episcopal Church, DUMC, & Lake Forest-Davidson. We are excited about the opportunity to join together to provide help to families in our area. It is our hope that you will join us in this effort. In order for this community outreach effort to be a success, we are calling on area businesses, organizations, houses of worship, community leaders & partners to provide support. Here’s how you can be a part:
- CASH donations made payable to Gethsemane Baptist Church with B2SB as memo or through PayPal at www.gbclakenorman.org
- 2. SCHOOL SUPPLIES donations (wide-ruled or college-ruled paper, 1″ or 3″ Three ring binders, 3 or 5 subject notebooks, pencils, erasers, composition books, highlighters, markers, crayons, glue sticks, 2-pocket folders, USB flash drives)
- 3.FOOD or BEVERAGES donations (hot dogs, burgers, buns, chips, water, Gatorade, sodas, fruit drinks.
- PRIZES for giveaways (bicycles, helmets, scooters, skate boards, gift cards, earbuds, tablets/computers or other electronics)
- VOLUNTEER -Note: we all need Spanish speaking volunteers to help with online pre-registration now-July 31st.
Thank you in advance for your consideration in supporting our efforts to make an impact in the lives of our youth and our community! Flyers attached in English and Spanish.
Alone we can do good things, but together we can do great things!