ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Davidson Community Players to Host Workshop for Actors
Audition songs, choreography and monologues. Choosing material for your musical audition and executing it in front of a panel of masters takes as much practice, knowledge, and skill as your actual craft does. It is your one shot to show master teachers and directors who YOU are and why they would be lucky to have you in their production. This August, Davidson Community Players will host a Musical Theatre Audition Prep Workshop for actors (ages 8 and up) from 10am – 1pm on Saturday, Aug. 25th at the Actor’s Lab in Cornelius. You will learn how to choose material that highlights your strengths, determine how to stand out throughout the audition process and to soak up every moment that you have in front of the audition panel.
This workshop will feature instruction by experienced artists including director Emily Klingman and musical director Annie Beach.
Musical Theatre Audition Prep Workshop will explore:
• What to wear to your audition
• How to prepare your music for an accompanist
• How to incorporate acting skills while singing
• Choosing the appropriate songs and monologues for the show or character
• Choreography sample with tricks and tips to performing your best
• How to enter the room
• How to begin your pieces
• How to navigate through the audition from start to finish
• Resume –Bring your resume! We will help you with the correct format, or build it!
• What is the last moment of the audition?
Students will participate in a mock-audition. This is a great chance to demonstrate what skills they have polished, and places where they can continue to focus and improve upon. Please come prepared with music and several song options.
At the end of the program, you will walk away with an audition packet that will include:
• Tips for auditioning
• Audition songs based on vocal range and characters
• Audition monologue resources
• Sample resumes
• Additional audition resources
Musical Theatre Audition Prep Workshop details:
When: Saturday, Aug. 25th from 10am-1pm
Where: DCP Actor’s Lab, 20700 N. Main St., Cornelius
Ages: 8 and up
Max: 20 students
Registration is open now and financial aid is available, please see our website or call the office for information. For additional details and prices, please our website or call the DCP office at (704) 892-7953.
Davidson Community Players is a non-profit organization established to produce theatre that entertains, enriches, and encourages community participation in the dramatic arts. Through our educational programming we provide instruction and performance opportunities for youth in the Lake Norman region. Our educational programming is generously supported by American Tire Distributors.