DAVIDSON VILLAGE NETWORK
Davidson Village Network Celebrates First Year Anniversary
It’s a Happy Anniversary to Davidson Village Network!
Davidson Village Network has been nurturing neighbor to neighbor connections that have empowered older adults to engage and thrive since our launch in October 2017.
We are pleased to announce that recent opportunities have come open to get involved in growing and sustaining our local network that’s part of a global movement to change the experience of aging. From new residents who have moved to our community to be close to family to longtime residents, Davidson Village Network has:
- Fostered friendships between new and longtime residents.
- Addressed the crippling often unseen issue of loneliness that affects almost 43% of the older adult population and is linked to serious health issues.
- Helped families get their mothers and fathers get to important medical appointments with the help of their well-known neighbors
- Enabled people to find appropriate housing.
- Intervened to avoid financial scams.
Provided guidance for navigating social security, end of life planning, organizing important documents and healthy living.
- Offered countless opportunities to socialize from outings to the theater, yoga, tai chi, coffee chats, movies, lunches, dinners, happy hours, etc
We could do so much more with a few more excited and motivated people like you!
A passion for enriching the lives of older adults in our community.
Attendance at some of our events.
Nice to have, but not Required:
Previous committee or board experience.
We cannot wait to hear from you. Really! We are excited to begin this new year with your enthusiasm, new ideas, and passion. Please respond to this email: [email protected] stating your interest by October 27 (the actual date of our anniversary!)
We look forward to hearing from you. Onward!