Men’s Basketball Hosts George Washington Colonials on Wednesday
DAVIDSON WILDCATS (13-5, 4-1 A-10)
Head Coach: Bob McKillop (Hofstra, 1972)
Career Record: 567-345 (30th season), Record at Davidson: Same
GEORGE WASHINGTON COLONIALS (6-12, 2-3 A-10)
Head Coach: Maurice Joseph (Vermont, 2009)
Career Record: 41-45 (3rd season), Record at George Washington: Same
Date: January 23, 2019
Location | Time: Davidson, N.C. | 7:00 PM
Site (Capacity): John M. Belk Arena (4,300)
Radio: Davidson Radio Network — Jarod Latch (PxP) & Jake Belford (Analyst)
Online Video: plus.espn.com
Ticket Promotion: All federal employees can claim up to 4 FREE Tickets with government ID at the box office.
Series Record: Davidson leads, 13-12
Streak: Won 3
Last Meeting: Feb. 3, 2018, Won 87-58 (Away)
Last Davidson Win: Feb. 3, 2018, Won 87-58 (Away)
Last GW Win: Jan. 5, 2016, Won 73-69 (Away)
First Meeting: 1939-40 Season; GW W, 74-72 (Away)
Davidson Record at Home: 8-2
Davidson Record on Road: 5-6
Davidson Record at Neutral Site: 0-4
Bob McKillop‘s Record: 6-2
• Davidson enters 13-5 overall and 4-1 in Atlantic 10 play following a 75-62 win over Richmond.
• Since joining the league in 2014-15, the Wildcats are 49-28 in A-10 regular season play, including 13-5 last year, and 57-31 including A-10 tournament play.
• Davidson has won 10 straight at Belk Arena and 20 of its last 21.
• In league play, Davidson ranks second behind Saint Louis in scoring defense (59.4) and fourth in field-goal percentage defense (.399).
• Preseason all-conference selections Kellan Grady and Jon Axel Gudmundsson continue to lead Davidson in scoring, averaging 18.1 and 15.9 points, respectively.
• Gudmundsson, who recorded his fifth double-double of the season Saturday, is the only A-10 player to rank in the Top-10 among league leaders in scoring (10th), rebounding (9th/6.7) and assists (6th/4.4).
• Gudmundsson is just 22 points away from becoming the 48th Wildcat in school history to score 1,000 career points.
• Freshman Luka Brajkovic is scoring 11.5 points per game, while redshirt freshman Luke Frampton is averaging 10.8 per outing.
• Frampton leads the A-10 in 3-pointers made (55) and attempted (151).
Last Time Out
• Luke Frampton scored 24 points, knocking down eight 3-pointers, and Davidson cruised past Richmond 75-62 Saturday, defeating the Spiders for the first time in nearly three years.
• Frampton shot 8-of-15 from deep, and he scored 15 straight Wildcat points as Davidson built a 34-24 halftime lead and extended it to as many as 25 late in the second half.
• Gudmundsson turned in his second straight and fifth double-double of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds to go with seven assists. Kellan Grady scored 13 points, and KiShawn Pritchett scored 12 on 5-of-5 shooting.
• The Wildcats shot 46.7 percent from the field (28-of-60) and the 3-point line (14-of-30), held a 43-27 rebounding advantage and handed out 20 assists.
• Davidson will begin a stretch of six out of nine on the road Saturday when it travels to Saint Louis for a 2 p.m. (ET) tip on CBS Sports Network.