Town Day 2019
Town Day will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 4 on the town green. We encourage all citizens to walk or ride a bike to the green (May is National Bike Month). We’ll have police officers stationed at key intersections to ensure safety. Ride your bike and park it in the “bike corral” near the Town of Davidson’s booth.
Town Day was originally started as a day of service followed by a town picture. For the second year in a row, we are incorporating the service component and the town picture into our festivities. Citizens will have the opportunity to bring items for a food drive. Please consider bringing a donation of non-perishable food or canned goods when you come to Town Day. Collection baskets will be located at the Town of Davidson’s booth, and food will be delivered to food pantry at Ada Jenkins. The town picture will take place at 10:00 a.m. Please meet on the patio in front of the library.
Once at the green you’ll enjoy:
- a cake walk,
- yard games,
- a selfie station,
- face painting,
- puzzles and memory games,
- a pinewood derby,
- temporary tattoos,
- a monkey bridge,
- pollinator activities,
- skill building activities,
- music, entertainment, and food, and
- many booths featuring Davidson organizations.
Visit the Town of Davidson’s booth to:
- see the E.L.F. (the parks and recreation vehicle),
- register for our Vial of Life program (ensure that first responders receive your medical information during an emergency)
- learn about the town’s pedestrian and bicyclist safety campaign, Watch For Me NC,
- learn about child safety and anti-bullying,
- register for the CharMeck Alerts system, and
- get information on the programs and summer camps offered by the parks and recreation department.
The Davidson Fire Department will display a fire truck on Main Street.
“The focus on community and caring for our community is where the roots of Town Day started,” said Mayor Rusty Knox. “We should all remember that we are not only neighbors and residents, but stewards of this town that is so special to all of us.”
For more information, please contact the Davidson Parks and Recreation Department at 704-892-3349