Wrap Up May and Start June with Main Street Books
Marie Kondo made a splash when, in 2014, she released a book titled The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Upthat challenged readers to declutter their homes using the effective methods she’d developed through years as an organizational consultant.
The book became an international sensation as homeowners discovered the efficacy of Kondo’s recommendations and the improved quality of life that resulted from a decluttered living space. To meet the demand for her expertise, Marie Kondo began a training program that certified aspiring organizers eager to help spark joy through the life changing magic of tidying up.
Main Street Books is excited to bring KonMari (Kondo’s name for her decluttering method) certified consultant Shannon Huneycutt to the bookstore for a start-of-summer workshop. Huneycutt will walk participants through the tidying steps detailed in The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, offering valuable strategies and springboards for workshop participants to begin the process of introducing tidiness into their homes.
Participants will leave inspired to let go of things that don’t spark joy or are no longer useful and cherish the items they decide to keep.
Main Street Books is kicking off the start of summer with a celebratory day of free programming. Welcome the warmer months with the following activities:
- 10 a.m.- Sensory Stories with Rikki – Join storyteller Rikki for a summer-themed craft and story
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Shark Teeth 101 – Join Ashley Oliphant, author of Shark Tooth Hunting on the Carolina Coast, for a shark tooth display (10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.) and shark presentation (11 a.m.). Oliphant is an expert on how to find and identify fossil shark teeth from the coast of the Carolinas!
- 1 p.m. – Queen Girls Release Party
- 5 p.m. – Teen Trivia with Young Adult Author Leigh Statham – Test your knowledge of YA dystopian lit in teams of up to five people (bring your friends or make new ones)! Hosted by Leigh Statham, author of Imani Unraveled and Daughter 4254
- 6:30 p.m. – Free Screening of The Fault in Our Stars