Jump into DavidsonLearns – the Learning’s Fine! Fall Registration Opens August 5
For many of us, summer’s end means out of the pool and back to school, no matter how many years it’s been since we carried a lunch box. Just in time, DavidsonLearns once again invites adult students to dive into the fall term with one or more of 18 courses that will meet once a week for varied periods from late August through November.
Registration for these courses — listed below — opens at 10 a.m. on August 5. New and returning adult learners can find the new (but familiar) registration system, now found on our website, to create an annual membership account for $30 and to register and pay for courses. Detailed instructions on how to become a member and register are on the website.
Remember, financial assistance is available.
You should also mark your calendar for DavidsonLearns Spotlight Events, sponsored throughout the year with its community partners. The first of these will be a talk and demonstration by the Four Horsemen, members of the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra, before their classical music performance at St. Alban’s Episcopal Church in Davidson on Sunday, September 22, at 3 p.m. For the full calendar of Spotlight Events, click here.
FALL 2019 COURSES
Registration opens August 5 at 10 a.m.
BEGINNING IN AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER
• Connections and Conflicts in Humanities: Revolution
• Art of Islam
• Basic Economic Thinking: Freakonomics
• Beginning Genealogy Workshop
• Exploring Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
• Gettysburg: The Fight that Changed America
• Introduction to Classical Chinese Poetry
• Jazz Essentials
• Memoir Writing Workshop: It’s My Story and I’m Stickin’ to It
• Poetry of Mary Oliver
• Rynne Lectures in International Affairs
BEGINNING IN OCTOBER
• American Indians and Politics
• Birds and Bees: The Evolutionary Ecology of Animal Reproduction
• Community Engagement & Social Change
• Contemporary Issues in Healthcare
• Intermediate/Advanced Genealogy Workshop
• Race and Racism in American History
• US Trade Policy: Evolution & Global Ramifications