ACCESS 2 SUCCESS
A2S Seeks to Hire Director of Development
Access to Success (A2S) Director of Development
A2S is a Christian-based non-profit with a mission to provide sustainable programs that generate positive change for Nigerian children and their communities. We are passionate about helping children achieve their dreams – we are dedicated to creating pathways for education and new opportunities while improving the surrounding community of our program participants.
Director of Development Job Description Reports to: President
Reporting to this position: Communications & Events Manager
The Director of Development and Community Relations, reporting to the President, is responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of the organization’s fundraising to include major gifts, annual giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, special events, and the FaithFuel monthly giving program. The individual will provide strategy for both short and long-term development goals and objectives and help the leadership team blend revenue plans with its growth agenda. The Director will also focus on prospecting and tactics to build key relationships with individual, corporate, and faith leaders. He/she will supervise the Communications & Events Manager.
● Develop and implements a short and long-term development plan to meet established goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing major gifts, annual events and appeals, corporate and foundation grants, defining stewardship and prospecting tactics, cultivation events, and developing new approaches to grow A2S’s donor base.
● Works collaboratively and creatively with the Communications & Events Manager to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
● Set and achieve, in close collaboration with the President, multi-year and annual revenue goals
● Develop strategies for existing donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving.
● Increase individual donations through monthly giving campaigns, online campaigns, and third party fundraising.
● When appropriate, coordinate with external grant writer to research and secure relevant grants.
● In collaboration with the Communications & Events Manager, coordinate and execute annual fundraising and friendraising events to raise money generate publicity.
● Support A2S President in all aspects of donor relations for a growing non-profit, prospecting and stewarding donors, maintaining Give Effect database, and direct mailing activities. Interact with campus administrations, nonprofit executives, and community businesses and schools to establish and maintain relationships.
● Work with Administrative Coordinator to oversee management of gift processing and donor acknowledgement, the donor database, and financial reporting.
● Provide regular management of Communications & Events manager to establish annual goals and provide appropriate feedback and recognition.
● Foster and grow strong funder and community relationships that generate and support opportunities for A2S to partner and engage
● Publicly represent A2S within the community and build excitement for A2S’s mission
● Establish partnerships with program foundations and other community organizations that can provide in-kind services, funds and/or volunteers to implement our programs.
Skills and Requirements:
● A belief in the mission and vision of A2S
● Exemplify a collaborative, decisive, motivating and engaging communication style
● 2+ years of experience or a proven track record in fundraising, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
● Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in development, fundraising tools and technology, email and online campaigns, and donor research
● Excellent oral and written communications skills including honed listening skills
● Strategic agility – the ability to organize complex material and manage multiple projects at a time
● Energetic, flexible, resilient and proactive
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a wide range of constituents located across the U.S. and Nigeria, including staff, volunteers, donors, and program participants
● Be open to opportunities to travel to Nigeria outside of annual trips
● Experience, knowledge, and/or strong interest in international development
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Google Hangout/Skype. Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign a plus.
● College degree required
Send your resume & a brief statement of interest (no cover letters necessary — tell us why you want to work with us and what we would be missing if we didn’t hire you!) to [email protected]