CATS Adding Routes and Times to North Meck Express Service
NorthMeck bus riders will be getting some new options and a couple of new routes in early February to speed commuter traffic to/from Uptown. The CATS website says, “Less than 20 minute service during morning and evening rush hour to Uptown Charlotte, the 77X serves the areas of Davidson and Cornelius.
The service, branded as “MetroRapid,” features the following:
- a new 290 local circulator will serve the Davidson-Concord Rd area of Davidson between Main Street and the Rocky River Road roundabout
- a new 63x direct from the Huntersville Gateway Park and Ride with mid-day service to Northcross.
- a modified 48x serving only the Northcross Park and Ride
- a modified 77x serving the Davidson and Cornelius Park and Rides
- 53x unchanged on the NorthMeck end
- Uptown drop-off/pickup points significantly changed to use Church and College streets utilizing the Express Lanes direct access ramps on 277. This will primarily impact riders to the Gateway/Johnson & Wales side of Uptown.
Bill Giduz was the son who followed his father’s footsteps into journalism. He has been involved his entire life with news and photography in schools he attended and jobs he’s held. He believes now that he’s got a few good years left to devote to The News of Davidson.