Town Announces Schedule for Concerts on the Green and New Concerts at the Circles
DAVIDSON, N.C. – The Town of Davidson is pleased to announce its 2020 Concerts on the Green schedule as well as a new concert series called Concerts @ the Circles.
The town’s traditional concert series, Concerts on the Green, held on the village green in downtown Davidson, hosts concerts on select Sunday evenings from 6:00-8:00 p.m. The full schedule is listed below:
- April 26: Davidson College Symphony & Jazz Ensemble
- May 3: ACE Party Band (Dance Variety)
- May 17: Kids in America (80’s Tribute)
- June 7: Smitty & The Jumpstarters (Swinging Blues)
- June 14: Band of Oz (Beach, Variety)
- July 4: Thurston Howell (Yacht Rock)
- August 2: 20 Ride (Zac Brown Tribute)
- August 23: Gospelfest (Gospel)
- September 6: The Legacy Motown Review (Motown)
- September 20: Davidson College Symphony & Jazz Ensemble
The town’s new Concerts @ the Circles series will feature live music on the third Saturday of each month from April through October. Concerts will take place on Jetton Street between Peninsula Drive and Griffith Street, and this block of Jetton Street will be closed from 4:00-9:00 p.m. on concert evenings. In addition to live music, select food trucks will be featured at each concert. The full schedule for this series is as follows:
- April 18: Rusty Knox Band (Americana) with food trucks: Carolina Smash, Smokey J, Cousins Maine Lobster
- May 16: Mike Orlando/ Billy Jones (Americana) with food trucks: Gyro Twins, Goji, Archie Boys BBQ
- June 20: HC Oakes Band (Variety) with food trucks: Cousins Maine Lobster, Wingz on Wheelz, Smokey J
- July 18: Kevin Nichols Band (Country) with food trucks: Tin Kitchen, Dumpling Girls, Archie BBQ
- August 15: Chunky Daddy (Variety) with food trucks: Gyro Twins, Goji, Carolina Smash
- September 19: L.A. Maybe (Variety) with food trucks: Dumpling Girls, Wingz on Wheelz, Lobster Dogs
- October 17: Rusty Knox/Carolina Soul Band (Americana, Variety) come and enjoy A Taste of Davidson
“We are thrilled to add a new concert series to Davidson’s rich history of live, outdoor music. Concerts @ the Circles provides an opportunity for concertgoers to enjoy free entertainment while visiting Davidson’s unique local businesses,” said Kim Fleming, Economic Development Manager for the Town of Davidson.
For more information on both concert series, please visit www.concertsonthegreen.com.