Congresswoman Alma Adams Honored Service Academy Nominees
On Thursday, May 7, Congresswoman Alma S. Adams, Ph.D. (NC-12) honored her nominees to United States Military Service Academies at a virtual reception. The reception honored students who recently received appointment offers to attend one of the Service Academies, as well as their families.
The students who received appointments to the Class of 2024 include:
- Chris Torres of Huntersville: Military Academy at West Point (Lake Norman Charter High School)
- Ayush Padhi of Charlotte: Naval Academy (Ardrey Kell High School)
- Ethan Schneider of Cornelius: Naval Academy (William Amos Hough High School)
- Tanner Gresham of Huntersville: Military Academy at West Point (Hopewell High School)
- Olivia Hommes of Charlotte: Air Force Academy (South Mecklenburg High School)
- Cameron Helmendach of Charlotte: Merchant Marine Academy (Hickory Grove Christian School)
Each year Congresswoman Alma Adams nominates High School Seniors from the district for appointment to the U.S. Military (USMA), Naval (USNA), Air Force (USAFA) and Merchant Marine Academies (USMA). The U.S. Coast Guard Academy does not require a nomination. Students seeking a nomination can apply through their U.S. House Representative, U.S. Senators and the Vice President of the United States.
Since being elected to Congress, Congresswoman Adams has nominated a total of 68 students from the 12th Congressional District. For more information about this year’s nomination process please visit this website or contact Kay Tembo at 704-344-9950 or [email protected].
Congresswoman Alma Adams has represented North Carolina’s 12th Congressional District (Charlotte) since 2014 and has served on the House Committee on Agriculture since 2015, where she serves as Vice Chair of the committee. Additionally, she has served on the Education & Labor Committee since 2015 and as Chair of the Workplace Protections Subcommittee since 2019. She has served on the Financial Services Committee since 2019.