Important Information About Davidson Farmers’ Market Reopening
Davidson Farmers’ Market (DFM) reopens this weekend, and there is a lot of NEW and important information to share. To prepare for a return to shopping on Saturday mornings we want to start sharing with everyone what to expect starting on June 27th in DFM’s two phase reopen.
As DFM opens, we will offer pre-order pick-up ONLY for two weeks. This will help transition from off-site pick-ups 7-days a week back to one market day AND give our shoppers and vendors two weeks to become comfortable and familiar with the new layout and health and safety procedures. Information regrading how to pre-order and which vendors are participating will be released next week. DFM hours during Phase 1 (June 27th & July 4th) will be 9:00am – 11:00am.
Phase 2 will begin Saturday, July 11, and will include the market being fully open for both pre-order pick-up AND at market shopping. DFM’s new hours starting the July 11th will be 9:00am – Noon.
DFM has implemented a few health and safety guidelines to help keep our vendors, shoppers, volunteers, and staff safe during market hours.
These guidelines include:
- All vendors, volunteers, and staff are required to wear masks;
- DFM strongly encourages shoppers to wear masks while shopping at DFM;
- DFM and vendors will have hand sanitizer at tents and two mobile hand sanitizer stations at the entrance of the market;
- Vendors will assist shoppers with their product and produce, selecting and bagging to minimize touching by the public;
- Social distancing, which includes vendors spaced six feet apart, lines, and limiting the number of shoppers at the market at one time;
- Credit card payments are highly encouraged and accepted, keeping cash payments to a minimum;
- The Town of Davidson has provided more tables in the gathering space outside of the market and DFM asks shoppers to socialize and enjoy their Saturday morning outside of the market to allow more shoppers to enter and minimize gatherings.
There is a lot of information and several changes to DFM. It can be overwhelming, but we are working to train our staff and dedicated volunteers to help assist vendors and shoppers during this transition and be ready to help anyone with questions or need of assistance while shopping.