Town of Davidson Adopts 2020-21 New Strategic Plan
Goals include Equity and Inclusion, Historic Preservation, among others.
DAVIDSON, N.C. – At the start of each new term, the Davidson Board of Commissioners gathers with town staff to review and reaffirm the town’s mission, vision and values and develop a strategic plan to be implemented during their two years in office. This strategic plan highlights the board’s top priorities and helps to inform the work which staff will do in support of each of these initiatives.
In 2020, the Davidson Board of Commissioners and management team originally met in February to develop the strategic plan for 2020-2021. In March, these plans were put on hold due to the COVID-19 crisis. In August 2020, the process to adopt the 2020-21 Strategic Plan resumed, and the plan was formally adopted in a unanimous 5-0 vote on August 25, 2020.
The following six goals areas have been identified for 2020-21:
- A Well-Planned and Livable Community
- Preserve our rural area and create well-planned, dynamic community places with connected progressions between them
- Historic Preservation
- Preserve our historic properties that contribute to our vibrant and unique community and honor the history of the lived experiences of our residents
- Connecting People and Places
- Expand the town’s transportation network to provide residents and visitors with safe, convenient and efficient travel choices to connect people across the community
- Operational Excellence
- Provide superior services in an efficient and fiscally responsible manner to our entire community through a professional and committed workforce
- Equity and Inclusion
- Work together to create a culture of belonging, address our past inequities, provide opportunities for all, treat everyone with respect and dignity, and recognize every voice
- Sustainability and Natural Assets
- Implement and encourage innovative solutions to environmental, energy, and climate-based challenges
The final plan document, as well as a PDF further detailing the six goal areas and top strategies, may be found on the town’s website at www.townofdavidson.org/strategicplan.
Of the plan, Mayor Rusty Knox noted, “the board and I are excited to continue this meaningful work on behalf of our community. We’ve listened to our neighbors and know the goals we’ve included in our strategic plan are those important to Davidson and will help make our town stronger moving into the future.”