Library Expanded “Re-Opening” Services
The Library will continue to open under these operational hours:
- Monday-Thursday – 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday – 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday – closed
Also, in this next phase, customers are able to browse inside the branches, with the maximum number of customers varying by location.
Express computers are available by reservation at all Library locations EXCEPT Cornelius and Davidson Libraries, as well as ImaginOn. Computers will be spaced in compliance with the 6-foot social distancing rule to ensure customer safety. Staff will also be available at all Library locations to help guide, assist and direct customers, as well as answer any questions.
Social distancing and safety measures are paramount to the success of Phase 2 operations, and plexiglass safety shields are installed at all customer service points. Customers and staff should adhere to the mask mandate ordered by North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper on June 26, 2020 which requires a mask or face covering while visiting the Library. Staff will also remind customers to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) 6-foot distancing guidelines. To ensure maintenance of comfortable distances between customers, we have placed safety decals on the floors at all locations to guide foot traffic. No seating available.
Additional safety measures include:
- Regularly scheduled cleaning of facilities and surfaces in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Self-checkout stations available for customers to check out their own materials.
- Quarantining of returned items for a period of 96 hours. Due to this extended quarantine time for returned materials, it may take up to seven business days to reflect on your account*. NOTE: Fines and fees are suspended at this time.
The Library continues to incorporate in-person services in a responsible way that focuses on safety. We’ll continue to expand services in the upcoming weeks and months as it is safe to do so. Stay tuned for more information on the continued re-opening of services.
Thank you for your patience.
Follow us on social media or visit the Library’s blog for updated information: cmlibrary.org/blog
Here’s what’s available during our second opening phase:
- All Library staff will wear face masks or coverings, and, as of June 26, 2020 at 5 p.m., customers are required to wear masks or face coverings in accordance with North Carolina state guidelines.
- Managed number of customers in a branch at a time.
- Customers can browse for books and use express computers by reservation at all branch locations EXCEPT Cornelius and Davidson Libraries, as well as ImaginOn.
- Use of social distancing safety markers.
- Streamlined self-checkout designed for quick, in-and-out and safe, socially distanced interactions.
- Staff interaction minimal and at a distance.
- Materials and holds are available for pickup inside the branches.
- All checkouts are self-checkouts. You can scan your card (physical or on the app) and the materials. You will not need to enter your pin.
- Mobile printing is available for pickup from the branch. Learn more here.
- All material/book drops remain closed. Please return materials and books to the designated bins located at your branch during the Library’s open hours. There are signs that will direct you to the proper bin where returned materials will be received to begin the materials quarantine process.
- Fines and fees continue to be suspended.
- Programming continues online.
- Sign up for a Library card online or in person.
- No seating available.
Community and study rooms – room reservations are unavailable until further notice.
Outreach programming – continues online or virtual, as coordinated between our Outreach team and the organization.
Programming and events – all programs and events for children, teens, adults and the Job Help Center remain online in virtual formats. Check here for the weekly schedule or visit the Calendar page on our website.
We’re here for you online or on the phone.
You can reach our online chat during regular operating hours at cmlibrary.org and click on Ask a Librarian. Our telephone reference team is also available during normal operating hours at 704.416.0101, or you can contact your local branch location directly – visit the Branches page for more information.