DAVIDSON HOUSING COALITION
Davidson Housing Coalition Announces Job Search for Executive Director
The Davidson Housing Coalition has commenced the job search for its new Executive Director, to replace Marcia Webster who is retiring in the spring of 2021 after many years of successful and honorable service to the organization.
DHC board member and Chair of the Search Committee, Libby Cable, says, “The role of Executive Director is a big responsibility. The need for affordable housing is in the news and in conversations across the region. It will be an exciting time for the new ED to lead the organization in its quest for more affordable housing in Davidson and in fulfilling of all of DHC’s mission.
“We will be receiving resumes until November 30. All the details of the job description and where to submit a resume can be found below.”
Davidson Housing Coalition
Davidson Housing Coalition, based in Davidson, NC, seeks a talented professional to join its team as fulltime Executive Director. DHC, a non-profit organization, works with the larger community to preserve and create affordable housing options, and to prepare families and individuals for financial stability and homeownership. The Executive Director reports directly to the DHC board chair and supervises a staff of four people. The anticipated start date is March 2021.
This position requires a highly organized leader who takes initiative, seeks new information and has strong fundraising and project management skills. Experience with affordable housing is desirable. The successful candidate will enjoy working with a wide variety of people and have a strong interest in the Davidson community.
Essential Job Responsibilities
❖ Lead housing development efforts
• Identify new rental and home ownership projects by identifying land or renovation opportunities
• Coordinate new development projects
• Assist in the design and planning of projects
• Monitor construction, planning and renovations and monitor health of existing properties
❖ Promote excellence
• Supervise staff to enhance teamwork
• Oversee the quality of each of our programs
• Actively seek opportunities to add value to our client experience
❖ Coordinate outreach and public relations
• Network with builders/developers, bankers, vendors and sponsors
• Play a prominent role in the constellation of local non-profits in strengthening our community
• Serve as the face of the organization and project a positive and professional image of our mission to community groups, governmental agencies and the donor community
• Maintain a close relationship between the Town of Davidson and DHC
• Ensure DHC’s visibility in the community
• Collaborate with other affordable housing groups across the region
• Develop strategies to tap into the rising consciousness of the affordable housing movement
• Activate the board’s potential to serve as effective ambassadors for the organization
❖ Coordinate and oversee fundraising
• Energize grant writing; ensure that grant applications are dynamic and accurate
• Manage grants by meeting or exceeding funder expectations
• Work with board to move community and corporate donations to the zenith of their potential
• Coordinate capital campaigns
• Identify new fundraising avenues and supervise fundraising events
• Harness social media and other means of communication in an ongoing and robust fashion to assure that the community is well-informed about DHC’s work, including events and volunteer opportunities, recent accomplishments and current aspirations
❖ Manage day-to-day operations
• Oversee purchasing, risk management, finance, client coordination, and general administration
• Work with treasurer and accountant to prepare annual budgets, manage finances and make
timely reports to the board
• Manage revenues and expenditures in accordance with budget
• Coordinate training and conference opportunities for staff and own professional development
• Coordinate audits and reports on programs
• Develop performance plans and conduct annual evaluations of staff
• Carry out, with board input, hiring and terminations
❖ Support development of the board for effective governance
• Provide updates at board meetings
• Collaborate with executive and other committees, as needed
• Support board growth; identify potential new members and coordinate new member orientation
❖ Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus
❖ Three to five years professional experience in housing, fundraising and/or the non-profit field
❖ Organized self-starter able to handle multiple projects at the same time
❖ Excellent written and oral communication skills
❖ Born connector and relationship builder who exudes positive energy
❖ Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Suite and donor-tracking software
❖ Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence from multiple stakeholders, including staff
❖ Starting salary $65,000, or commensurate with experience
❖ Additional compensation for outstanding performance possible
Please send resume and cover letter to DHC Search Committee at [email protected], no later than Nov. 30, 2020.
As an equal opportunity employer, DHC embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
We believe that Davidson’s traditional mix of people in all income levels is fundamental to our community and distinguishes us as a town. All of our work is designed to help individuals and families become financially stable. We take pride in the appearance and performance of our rental properties and work hard to ensure that they remain safe and comfortable homes where our renters can also be proud to reside.
Our financial counseling, homebuyer education and job search services offer one-on-one support to meet the unique needs of individuals seeking firmer financial footing. Our emergency home repairs provide comfort, safety, and peace of mind for lower wealth homeowners.