Men’s Basketball Hosts Fordham for Wednesday Matinee
DAVIDSON WILDCATS (8-5, 4-2 ATLANTIC 10)
Head Coach: Bob McKillop (Hofstra, 1972)
Career Record: 602-369 (32nd season), Record at Davidson: Same
FORDHAM RAMS (1-5, 1-5 ATLANTIC 10)
Head Coach: Jeff Neubauer (La Salle, 1993)
Career Record: 249-236 (16th season), Record at Fordham: 61-102 (6th season)
Date | Time: January 20, 2021 | 1:00 PM
Location: Davidson, N.C.
Site: John M. Belk Arena
Radio: Davidson Radio Network
Live Stats: DavidsonWildcats.com
Series Record: Davidson leads, 9-2
Streak: Won 7
Last Meeting: Feb 11, 2020 | DAV Won 79-49 (Belk Arena)
Last Davidson Win: Feb 11, 2020 | Won 79-49 (Belk Arena)
Last Fordham Win: Jan. 11, 2017 | Won 60-54 (Belk Arena)
First Meeting: Dec. 29, 1966 | DAV Won 74-60 (Johnston Gym)
Davidson Record at Home: 5-1
Davidson Record on Road: 4-1
Davidson Record at Neutral Site: 0-0
Bob McKillop‘s Record: 8-2
• Davidson returns to Belk Arena Wednesday for a 1 p.m. matinee with Atlantic 10 foe Fordham.
• Coming off an impressive 77-53 win at La Salle over the weekend, the Wildcats enter 8-5 overall and 4-2 in the league.
• The ‘Cats have won seven straight against the Rams and lead the all-time series 9-2.
• Davidson is 73-41 in A-10 regular season play since joining the league in 2014-15.
• Through 13 games, Davidson’s starting backcourt of Kellan Grady (16.5), Hyunjung Lee (14.6), and Carter Collins (14.1) are combining to average 45.2 points per game, while each rank in the Top-20 among A-10 scoring leaders.
• The trio has combined for 12 20-point outings and accounted for 89 of the ‘Cats’ league-leading 122 3-pointers this season.
• In addition, Lee also ranks among league leaders in field-goal percentage (11th/.534), 3-point field goal percentage (3rd/.479), free-throw percentage (1st/.882) and 3-pointers made (2nd/34).
• Luka Brajkovic (10.3) is also scoring in double figures for the ‘Cats after his 17-point effort Saturday in Philadelphia.
• As a team, the ‘Cats have out-rebounded their opponents in 12 of the first 13 contests and hold a +7.5 margin on the glass, which is second to only Saint Louis in the conference.
LAST TIME OUT
• Carter Collins scored 19 of his career-high 24 points in the second half and Davidson torched the nets for 55.2 percent as the Wildcats cruised past La Salle, 77-53, Saturday afternoon inside Tom Gola Arena.
• A senior from Chapel Hill, N.C., Collins finished the day 10-of-12 from the floor, including four 3-pointers to go along with 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
• Luka Brajkovic also scored in double figures with 17 points for the ‘Cats, who had 10 different players scratch the scoring column.
• In addition to shooting 62.5 percent in the opening 20 minutes, Davidson raced out to a 20-7 lead highlighted by 13 early points from Brajkovic. The margin grew to as many as 21 in the period before taking a 44-25 advantage into the half.
• For the 12th time in 13 outings, Davidson controlled the glass out-rebounding the Explorers, 35-25.
• After La Salle opened the second half on a 6-0 spurt to cut the deficit to 13, the ‘Cats responded with seven unanswered of their own to push the lead back to 20 and put the game out of reach.
• Scott Spencer was the only La Salle player to hit double figures with 12 points.
• Davidson will travel to UMass for a noon tip Sunday afternoon on NBC Sports Network.