Men’s Tennis Falls to Elon
Freshmen Doubles Duo Wins First Match, ‘Cats Fall to Elon
DAVIDSON, N.C. — The Davidson Wildcats welcomed Elon University to the Knobloch Tennis Center for their second game of the season this morning. With both teams off to an 0-1, the ‘Cats and the Phoenix were on the hunt for their first team wins of the year, but it was Elon who came out victorious, taking the match 6-1.
The Wildcats dropped the doubles point, but not before freshmen duo Maxwell Kachkarov and Alejandro Solares defeated Elon’s Condos and Frankel, 7-6, after winning the tiebreaker 4-0 from court two. This was the doubles team’s first win of their young careers.
In the singles matches, the ‘Cats lost five of six. Alejandro Solares picked up Davidson’s lone point for the day, winning a three-set battle over the Phoenix. No. 6 Solares dropped the first set 4-6, but bounced back with 7-6 and 10-5 wins in the second and third sets to win his match. Yash Parikh battled on court one, pushing a 7-6 result in set one, before falling 6-1 in the second. Kachkarov and William Clark also had tight matches, falling in two sets both by 7-5 and 6-3 scores.
The Wildcats will return to play next Sunday, Jan. 31, for a 4 p.m. contest at Wake Forest.
Elon 6, Davidson 1
1. Nicholas Condos (ELON) def. Yash Parikh (DAVM) 7-6, 6-1
2. Kyle Frankel (ELON) def. Sam Kavarana (DAVM) 6-3, 6-0
3. Akram El Sallaly (ELON) def. Brooks Green (DAVM) 6-2, 6-2
4. Camilo Ponce (ELON) def. Maxwell Kachkarov (DAVM) 7-5, 6-3
5. Nicholas Campbell (ELON) def. William Clark (DAVM) 6-3, 7-5
6. Alejandro Solares (DAVM) def. Chung-Han Tsai (ELON) 4-6, 7-6, 10-5
1. Chung-Han Tsai/Akram El Sallaly (ELON) def. William Clark/Yash Parikh (DAVM) 6-1
2. Maxwell Kachkarov/Alejandro Solares (DAVM) def. Nicholas Condos/Kyle Frankel (ELON) 7-6 (4-0)
3. Camilo Ponce/Nicholas Campbell (ELON) def. Douglas Macintosh/Camden Mazzoni (DAVM) 6-2