Summary of State COVID-19 Changes
On February 24, 2021, Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina will carefully ease some of its COVID-19 restrictions. Executive Order No. 195 will take effect February 26, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. and will expire March 26, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Some of the changes include:
- The nightly 10:00 p.m. curfew will be lifted February 26 when the governor’s modified stay-at-home order expires.
- Many businesses can expand to 50% capacity as long as social distancing, mask wearing, and are safety precautions are still imposed.
- The on-site sale of alcohol will be extended until 11:00 p.m.
- Businesses that were operating at 30% capacity will no longer have a 100-person limit.
- Some indoor businesses will open at 30% capacity with a cap of 250 people.
- Other mass gathering limits, such as those at private events, will be increased to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
To read Executive Order 195, go here.
For FAQs, including specific information pertaining to the highlights above, go here.