Donate! Support your community news.
Subscribe! News delivered to your inbox.

Men’s Basketball Begins A-10 Tournament Play Friday

by | Mar 4, 2021

Kellan Grady and the Wildcats will take on George Mason in the third round of the A-10 Tournament. [photo from the 2019-2020 season]


Seed: Third
Overall Record: 12-7 | Atlantic 10 Record: 7-4
Head Coach: Bob McKillop (Hofstra, 1972)
Career Record: 606-371 (32nd season), Record at Davidson: Same

Date: March 3-6, 14
Locations: Richmond, Va. | Dayton, Ohio
Sites: Robins Center | Siegel Center | UD Arena
Radio: Davidson Radio Network
Video: |
Live Stats:

A-10 Tournament Record: 9-4
A-10 Regular Season Titles (Last): 1 (2015)
A-10 Tournament Titles (Last): 1 (2018)
All-Time Conference Tournament Record*: 74-51
SoCon Tournament Record: 65-46
SoCon Regular Season/Division Titles: 23
SoCon Tournament Titles: 12
SoCon Championship Game Appearances: 19
SoCon Championship Game Record: 12-7
McKillop’s Conference Tournament Record: 42-19
Tournament Titles Under McKillop: 8
*Big South Member from 1990-92

• Third-seeded Davidson enters the 2021 Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Championship 12-7 overall.
• The Wildcats, who concluded the regular season with a 65-57 win over VCU, finished A-10 play 7-4.
• Prior to its most recent contests against the Bonnies, Davidson had not dropped back-to-back games in February since the 2016-17 season.
• Since joining the conference in 2014-15, the ‘Cats are 76-43 in A-10 regular season contests (Avg. 10.8 wins per year) and 85-50 including A-10 tournament play.
• The Wildcats have reached the semifinals in each of their Atlantic 10 Tournament appearances, including in 2018 when they won the championship.
• This marks the fourth time in seven years Davidson has been awarded a double-bye into the quarterfinals.

•  Through 19 games, Davidson’s starting backcourt of Kellan Grady (16.8), Hyunjung Lee (13.2), and Carter Collins (11.9) account for 58 percent of the Wildcats’ offense, while combining to average 41.9 points per game.
• The trio has combined for 15 20-point outings and accounted for 127 of the ‘Cats’ 183 3-pointers this season.
• Their 127 3-pointers made is more than 90 teams in the country have hit.
Luka Brajkovic is also averaging double figures for Davidson contributing 10.3 per outing.
• As a team, the ‘Cats have out-rebounded their opponents in 15 of the first 19 contests and hold a +5.4 margin on the glass, which is second to only Saint Louis in the conference.
• The last time Davidson had a rebounding margin of at least +5.0 was during the 2011-12 campaign.

.500 | .400 | .900 CLUB
• Refers to players that have shot at least 50% overall, 40% from 3-point land and 90% at the free-throw line.
• Sophomore Hyunjung Lee is on pace to accomplish something that no Wildcat has ever done before — Not even Stephen Curry.
• Only 1?0 men’s college basketball players have accomplished this feat since ’92-93.
• Lee concluded the regular season shooting at least .500 overall, .400 from 3-point land and .900 at the charity stripe.
• The South Korean currently ranks among A-10 leaders in field-goal percentage (15th/.503), 3-point percentage (2nd/.436), 3-pointers made (3rd/51) and free-throw percentage (1st/.905).

• One of the Wildcats’ philosophies is to get better every day, and Davidson has seen the fruits of that labor at the end of the year.
• Since 2003-04, the Wildcats own a 105-31 record in the month of February.
• Davidson is 48-27 in March during that time.

Support Your Community News