Davidson Farmers Market Details
Volunteer Opportunities: Join DFM’s Green Team
We need lots of hands, faces and positive energy to help the Market come to life every Saturday! It’s a rewarding and fun time to volunteer. Check out our volunteer opportunities through Sign up Genius. We hope to see you on Saturday morning, thank you!
If you have any questions or want to additional information about DFM’s Green Team, contact Courtney Spear
Market Hours & Info
Prime Market hours are 9:00am – Noon, EVERY Saturday, located behind Summit Coffee on Main Street in the Jackson Street parking lot and surrounding area.
With construction happening around The Davidson Farmers Market, we have removed the barriers, entrance, and two exists to allow more space for social distancing while shopping. We kindly ask that shoppers wait until the market opens at 9am before entering and shopping (listen for the bell). Vendors will not sell to shoppers prior to 9am.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES:
Prime Market Season April 3 – November 20
Holiday Markets December 11 & 18
To enter the market, shoppers must wear a mask. If any condition prevents you from wearing a mask, our volunteers will gladly serve as your personal shopper – just meet us at the red Market Tent and give us a list, and we will enter the market for you.
All vendors, staff, and volunteers will wear masks and have hand sanitizer accessible. In addition, there will be two hand sanitizer stations in the greenspace outside of the market boundaries for shoppers to use (provided by the Town of Davidson).
We Ask That You Please
- Wear a mask to enter DFM;
- Please refrain from touching products, unless a vendor has made hand sanitizer for food handling available – this will differ by vendor;
- Maintain social distancing when shopping: at least 6 feet;
- Credit card payments encouraged and accepted, keep cash payments to a minimum;
- Minimize gathering within the market, catch up with folks outside the market boundaries, and;
- No pets allowed in the market, certified service animals welcome.
Recipe: Spring Vegetable Pasta
We love a recipe that calls for ingredients that can be easily found at the market. This spring vegetable pasta is mainly made up of farmers market produce, herbs, and even olive oil. Plus, its quick to cook and assemble on a busy weekday!
1 pound thin asparagus
3/4 pounds mushrooms (morel, cremini, oyster, or a mixture)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 pound spring onions (or scallions or baby leeks), trimmed and sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup vegetable broth
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 ounces dry pappardelle or fettuccine
1 tablespoon chopped chervil or flat-leaf parsley
- Cut off tough ends of asparagus and slice crosswise into two-inch pieces. Trim tough stems from mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until softened. Add asparagus and saute 2 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add butter and toss until melted into vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in the sauce and chervil. Season with additional salt and pepper, and serve.