This Week at DFM: May 15
Hello DFM Shoppers,
The market is full with strawberries this season! With such a great supply of the sweet, delicious berry, knowing what to do with them besides making strawberry shortcake can be a little overwhelming. But there are so many fun things you can do with them. Here are some ideas to help decide how to take advantage of all the strawberries available at DFM.
- Strawberry mostarda, a delicious fruit-mustard relish to add to proteins, roasted vegetables, or served as a condiment to charcuterie;
- Add to salad, mix with delicate lettuce, almonds, and feta;
- Strawberry salsa, add the savory-sweet condiment to grilled meat;
- Strawberry lemonade floats, make a refreshing treat on a hot spring day;
- Strawberry French toast bake, brighten up breakfast with fresh berries;
- Roasted strawberry grilled cheese, add depth to a classic sandwich.
With so many vendors and options, I know sometimes I forget to bring enough market totes to carry everything. If this happens to you, DFM sells market totes at the market tent (red tent next to the brick shed). If you would like to purchase a tote or other DFM merchandise, visit us and we’d be happy to help. Totes ($20) are large and sturdy and can hold a lot of product.
This Saturday is looking like a beautiful morning! I can’t wait to see everyone and enjoy a sunny Saturday morning at the market.
Market Hours & Info
Prime Market hours are 9:00am – Noon, EVERY Saturday, located behind Summit Coffee on Main Street in the Jackson Street parking lot and surrounding area.
We kindly ask that shoppers wait until the market opens at 9am before shopping (listen for the bell). Vendors will not sell to shoppers prior to 9am.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES:
- Prime Market Season April 3 – November 20
- Holiday Markets December 11 & 18
DFM highly encourages shoppers to wear a mask while shopping. We are following the 2-out-3 recommendation: If outside and socially distancing, then no mask; if outside and not socially distancing, wear a mask.
All vendors, staff, and volunteers will continue to wear masks and have hand sanitizer accessible.
Don’t miss these items available at market:
Twin Oak Farms has strawberries, asparagus, and lettuce; Gilcrest Natural Farm has a variety of chicken and beef cuts, plus lamb from Sun Raised Foods; Butter Crust Bakery has fig and UBE (purple potato) danishes; and Bleu Barn Pantry has jams, pickles, spice blends, and hot sauces.
To view this week’s full list of vendor offerings, please click the link below.
Vendors away this week: Liberty Farm & Creamery
If you choose pre-order and do not plan to shop in-person, you can skip the line and pick up your pre-order from the red Market Tent. Just give your name and who you pre-ordered from and our DFM volunteers will get your order for you. To view this week’s full list of vendor offerings, please click this link.
We Ask That You Please
- Wear a mask when not socially distancing at DFM;
- Maintain social distancing when shopping: at least 6 feet;
- Credit card payments encouraged and accepted, keep cash payments to a minimum;
- Minimize gathering within the market, catch up with folks outside the market boundaries in the new gathering areas, and;
- No pets allowed in the market, certified service animals welcome.