Town FY 2021-2022 Budget Approved
On June 8, 2021, at the Davidson Board of Commissioners work session meeting, the board voted unanimously to approve the FY2021-2022 Budget Ordinance 2021-01, Capital Improvement Plan, and Fee Schedule as presented in the Manager’s Recommended Budget. The budget was originally presented on May 11, 2021, and a virtual public hearing was conducted on May 25, 2021. Finance Director Piet Swart provided one final presentation to the board this past Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
As a reminder, the budget includes:
- General fund budget of $13.51 million, a 5.6% increase from last year
- Stable tax rate of $.29 per $100 valuation
- No stormwater or solid waste fee increases
- Steps to recover from COVID-19
- Prioritization of 2020-21 Strategic Plan goal areas
- Maintaining community services
- Careful utilization of American Rescue Plan Dollars forthcoming
The Capital Improvement Plan also provides for an opportunity for town leadership to carefully plan ahead for major expenses such as infrastructure needs and equipment purchases. Town Manager Jamie Justice shares “the town budget is a critical policy document that really helps to prioritize and shape the work we’re doing for the community. It’s so beneficial to hear feedback from residents throughout the budget process as well as to receive such clear direction from the elected officials with this final approval.”
All budget presentations are available on our website at www.townofdavidson.org/agendas. All budget documents are also available on our website at www.townofdavidson.org/budget.