This Week at DFM: June 26
Hello DFM Shoppers,
There are so many wonderful summer items showing up at the market this week that I felt it warranted a larger glimpse into what to expect this coming Saturday. As we head into summer, make sure to read the weekly vendor offering document (below) and take your time visiting each vendor –– they are known for having last-minute items pop-up that they’re excited to share with everyone.
Here is what to expect this Saturday:
- Barbee Farms: Sweet nectarines and plums, corn, okra, green beans, and field-grown tomatoes;
- Correll Farm: Cantaloupes, bi-color sweet corn, a wide variety of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and okra;
- Twin Oak Farms: Sweet corn and variety of tomatoes;
- Butter Crust Bakery: Cherry and Blackberry danishes;
- Herr Fresh Flowers: seasonal bouquets;
- Raceway Berry Farm: seasonal bouquets and bundles;
- Essential Soap Co.: Gardenia After Bath Body Oil
If you’re a fan of Updog Kombucha, make sure to visit them early on Saturday. They will have a limited supply as they prepare for new products launching in July!
All vendors, staff, and volunteers will continue to wear masks and have hand sanitizer accessible.
Don’t miss these items available at market:
Barbee Farms has sweet nectarines and plums; Twin Oak Farms has a variety of tomatoes: Cherokee purple, German Johnson, Big Beef, Pink Girl, Mt. Gold yellow, and many more; Butter Crust Bakery has cherry, blackberry, and fig danishes; and Nonni’s Gourmet Kitchen has Carolina Catsup!
Vendors away this week: Liberty Farm & Creamery
If you choose pre-order and do not plan to shop in-person, you can skip the line and pick up your pre-order from the red Market Tent. Just give your name and who you pre-ordered from and our DFM volunteers will get your order for you.
To view this week’s full list of vendor offerings, please click this link.
We Ask That You Please
- Wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated and when not socially distancing at DFM;
- Maintain social distancing when shopping: at least 6 feet;
- Credit card payments encouraged and accepted, keep cash payments to a minimum;
- Minimize gathering within the market, catch up with folks outside the market boundaries in the new gathering areas, and;
- No pets allowed in the market, certified service animals welcome
Market Hours & Info
Prime Market hours are 9:00 a.m. – Noon, EVERY Saturday, located behind Summit Coffee on Main Street in the Jackson Street parking lot and surrounding area.
We kindly ask that shoppers wait until the market opens at 9am before shopping (listen for the bell). Vendors will not sell to shoppers prior to 9am.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES:
- Prime Market Season April 3 – November 20
- Holiday Markets December 11 & 18
DFM highly encourages shoppers to wear a mask while shopping. We are following the 2-out-3 recommendation: If outside and socially distancing, then no mask; if outside and not socially distancing, wear a mask.