This Week at DFM: July 10
Hello DFM Shoppers,
After 16 months of operating without any of DFM’s events, educational programs, or partnerships, we are excited to bring back familiar and new events and programs to the market this fall. For us to reinstate DFM’s programs we need your help raising funds; we have a goal to raise $15,000 by August 8 to launch programs on Saturday, September 4.
Your support helps bring back children events and programs like:
- Kids Chopped Competition;
- Fruit & Vegetable Tastings;
- Kids Day at the Market; and
- Youth-Owned Businesses at Market.
Support also contributes to longstanding programs and partnerships like:
- Chef demos;
- Salsa Showdown;
- Chili Cook-Off;
- Food pantry partnerships;
- Nonprofit (tent with a cause) at Market; and
- Health and wellness events.
DFM programs enhance shopper and vendor experiences and creates a community centered around local foods and goods every week. Your support helps DFM continue to support our community of 1,600 shoppers and 36 vendors per week and support our neighboring communities.
Help us reach our goal of $15,000 by August 8 with a donation of $25 today.
With your generous help and support, we can bring DFM back fully with the programs and events we’ve grown to love!
Barbee Farms has watermelons, cantaloupes, and canary melons; Coldwater Creek Farm has red okra, blueberries, and eggplant; Updog Kombucha has ginger turmeric & peach basil on tap plus cans; and Batistini Farms has olive oil and aged balsamic vinegars.
If you choose pre-order and do not plan to shop in-person, you can skip the line and pick up your pre-order from the red Market Tent. Just give your name and who you pre-ordered from and our DFM volunteers will get your order for you.
To view this week’s full list of vendor offerings, please click this link.
We Ask That You Please
- Wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated and when not socially distancing at DFM;
- Maintain social distancing when shopping: at least 6-feet;
- Credit card payments encouraged and accepted, keep cash payments to a minimum;
- Minimize gathering within the market, catch up with folks outside the market boundaries in the new gathering areas, and;
- No pets allowed in the market, certified service animals welcome.
Market Hours & Info
Prime Market hours are 9:00 a.m. – Noon, EVERY Saturday, located behind Summit Coffee on Main Street in the Jackson Street parking lot and surrounding area.
We kindly ask that shoppers wait until the market opens at 9am before shopping (listen for the bell). Vendors will not sell to shoppers prior to 9am.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES:
- Prime Market Season April 3 – November 20
- Holiday Markets December 11 & 18
DFM highly encourages shoppers to wear a mask while shopping. We are following the 2-out-3 recommendation: If outside and socially distancing, then no mask; if outside and not socially distancing, wear a mask.