This Week at DFM: Sept. 25
Hello DFM Shoppers,
It’s everyone’s favorite time of year, apple season! DFM’s annual at market fundraiser, Apple Sales, starts this weekend and runs through November. This year, DFM is partnering with Fair Share Farm and Lyda & Sons Orchard to bring you delicious NC apples. All sales support DFM operations and the continuing growth.
Apple sales will be located near the DFM shed (at the top of Jackson Street parking lot). This year shoppers can select pre-bagged apples or pick their own. Each Saturday is a limited amount, so make sure you arrive early to shop your favorite types of apples!
Apples available this week are:
- Rome Apples – best for cooking (baking, frying, roasting) these apples hold their shape and become sweeter and richer when cooked;
- Cortland Apples – terrific baking apples, these juicy and slightly tart apples are great for pies, cobblers, and crisps. Use raw, sliced in salads or on cheese plates;
- Gala Apples – a sweet apple with a mild flavor these are great eating apples! Also good for applesauce and cider pressing.
Growing for Good will be wrapping up their market season this Saturday, make sure to visit them for fresh mushrooms and prepared foods; Earthly Dressings has new fall flavors including: apple cinnamon, pumpkin harvest, and black mamba; Barbee Farms has beets (with green tops), bok choy, pinkeye peas (shelled), and continue to have some of your summer favorites; and Big Oak has a variety of beef and pork products.
Sponsors attending this week: Goff Choice Properties
Vendors away this week: Bleu Barn Bistro, Bleu Barn Pantry
Vendors done for the season: Peaches N’ Cream
If you choose pre-order and do not plan to shop in-person, you can skip the line and pick up your pre-order from the red Market Tent. Just give your name and who you pre-ordered from and our DFM volunteers will get your order for you.
We Ask That You Please
- Wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated and when not socially distancing at DFM;
- Maintain social distancing when shopping: at least 6 feet;
- Credit card payments encouraged and accepted, keep cash payments to a minimum;
- Minimize gathering within the market, catch up with folks outside the market boundaries in the new gathering areas, and;
- No pets allowed in the market, certified service animals welcome.
Market Hours & Info
Prime Market hours are 9:00 a.m. – Noon, EVERY Saturday, located behind Summit Coffee on Main Street in the Jackson Street parking lot and surrounding area.
We kindly ask that shoppers wait until the market opens at 9am before shopping (listen for the bell). Vendors will not sell to shoppers prior to 9am.
IMPORTANT 2021 DATES:
- Prime Market Season April 3 – November 20
- Holiday Markets December 11 & 18
DFM highly encourages shoppers to wear a mask while shopping. We are following the 2-out-3 recommendation: If outside and socially distancing, then no mask; if outside and not socially distancing, wear a mask.