Wildcats’ Men’s Basketball Holds First Practice
2021-22 Davidson Men’s Basketball Preseason Notes
- Davidson will tip its 2021-22 season on Nov. 9 against Delaware inside Belk Arena.
- The 2021-22 schedule will feature 11 non-conference games (5 – Home | 2 – Away | 4 – Neutral) and 18 conference matchups.
- After going 13-9 overall and 7-4 in Atlantic 10 play last season, Davidson returns three starters, including 6-7 guard Hyunjung Lee, the first Wildcat to shoot at least 50 percent from the field (.508), 40 percent from 3-point range (.442) and 90 percent from the foul line (.900) in a season.
- Only 10 men’s college basketball players have accomplished this feat since ’92-93.
- The rising junior is the team’s top returning scorer, with a 13.5 points per game average last season.
- Frontcourt starters Luka Brajkovic (10.9 ppg | 6.0 rpg) and Sam Mennenga (6.0 ppg | 5.0 rpg) are also back for the ‘Cats, who ranked 13th nationally in defensive rebounding percentage last season.
- In all, Davidson returns 10 letterwinners and welcomes the addition of Michigan State transfer Foster Loyer (Clarkston, Mich.) and the freshmen class of Desmond Watson (Columbus, Ohio), Chris Ford (Huntersville, N.C.) and Stymir Thrastarson (Reykjavik, Iceland).
- In seven seasons in the Atlantic 10, the ‘Cats have won a regular season title (2015), tournament title (2018) and totaled 76 league wins (10.8 per year), while recording an average finish of 4.4 in the 14-team conference.
- Head Coach Bob McKillop is entering his 33rd season at the helm.
- Davidson has appeared in 24 postseason appearances, including 18 under McKillop.
- The 10-time Conference Coach of the Year has won more games in Davidson and league history than any other coach, thanks to an all-time mark of 607-373.
- Entering the 2021-22 campaign, his victory total ranks 15th on the NCAA’s list of Division I winningest active coaches. McKillop also ranks fourth among active coaches on the NCAA’s list of most seasons with their current school.