COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Booster Clinic in Davidson
Monday, October 18 at Ada Jenkins Center
Mecklenburg County Public Health and its community partners will host a COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine booster clinic at the Ada Jenkins Center at 212 Gamble St. in Davidson on Monday, October 18, 2021, from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Pfizer vaccine booster is free, and no photo ID or insurance is needed. You can get a booster if it has been at least six months since your second Pfizer shot, and one of the following is true:
- You are 65 or older.
- You are 18 and older and:
- You live or work in a nursing home or other long-term care residential facility.
- You have a medical condition that puts you at high risk for severe illness, for example obesity, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- You work in a high-risk profession, meaning you come into contact with a lot of people, and you don’t know their vaccination status, for example, health care workers, first responders, teachers, food processing workers, retail and restaurant workers and public transportation workers.
- You live or work in a place where many people live together, for example, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, migrant farm housing, dormitories or other group living settings in colleges or universities.
These are just examples and not meant to be a complete list—if you think you fall into one of these groups but aren’t sure, Mecklenburg County Public Health encourages you to speak with a doctor, pharmacist, or nurse. People can self-attest that they are in one of these groups.
The October 11 and October 18 Pfizer vaccine clinic will be open to Davidson residents and the surrounding community. The clinic will accept both registered participants and walk-ins.
- To register for the October 18 event at the Ada Jenkins Center, please use the following link: https://live.vcita.com/site/
For frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccinations and booster shot, please see the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services page FAQ page here.