Economic Panel: Can the Super Economy Lose Its Powers?
Nothing could slow it down. After nearly two years of a pandemic, the economy keeps steaming along with jobs reports and retail sales flexing their muscle. But inflation crawled out of the basement and keeps getting bigger. The Omicron variant flew in from the side, and the markets are getting jittery. Our panel of experts will highlight the dangers ahead and how the economy can avoid them and not slow down…much.
- Eric Freedman, Chief Investment Officer, U.S. Bank Asset Management Group
- Richard Rubin, Tax Policy Reporter, The Wall Street Journal
- Katia Dmitrieva, Economics Reporter at Bloomberg News in Washington
- Jaya Jha, Assistant Professor of Economics, Davidson College
- Moderated by Phillip Jefferson, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor of Economics at Davidson College and a former economist for the Federal Reserve System.
Virtual event – registration required: Register for the Event.