Rotary Club’s Giving Tree Village is Back – Voting Open Now
Giving Tree Village is a premier event sponsored by the Rotary Club of Davidson in support of all non-profits across the local community during the Christmas in Davidson celebration the first weekend in December. Celebrating its tenth anniversary, the Giving Tree Village fundraiser has become one of the most widely attended attractions during Christmas in Davidson.
The beautiful fundraising village highlights nonprofits and local business as they team up to raise funds to help our community. Please support each of these nonprofits.
Each $5 ticket is a “vote” for your favorite tree/cause. You may vote as many times as you like. Please give generously knowing that 100% of the monies raised goes directly to the nonprofit. All voting is ONLINE.
Each tree has a QR code that will take you directly to the nonprofit’s voting page.
If you can’t visit the Giving Tree Village in person – NO worries. Just visit the Giving Tree Village website. The site features photos of each tree and the nonprofit that will benefit from your donations.
Giving Tree Village decorated trees and signage remain on the Town Green for several days past Christmas in Davidson to allow time for additional donations.
Students at Davidson K-8 got a sneak peak at the trees in the Giving Tree Village Thursday morning – see the News of Davidson album of photos at videos.
How does the Christmas Tree Village Work?
- The Village of Christmas Trees (approximately 70 trees) donated by individuals and local businesses are decorated and on display for the first 10 days of December.
- Each tree represents a collaboration between a local business and a local non-profit.
- Each year approximately 20,000 individuals walk through the Giving Tree Village to view the beautifully decorated tress and vote for their favorite tree/non-profit.
- Votes generate a minimum of $5.00 for the specific charity associated with the tree.
- Voting categories include most unique decorations, best theme, most colorful, best handmade (DIY) decorations, and most whimsical.
- Cash awards funded by the Corporate, MainStreet and Tree sponsors are distributed to the local non-profits based on the voting categories. The funds distribution also includes the most popular tree.