Town of Davidson Town Hall & Community Center Grand Opening
The Davidson Town Hall and Community Center Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Celebration will be held on Saturday, March 25. The event will begin at 11:00 a.m. with a ribbon cutting and special remarks, followed by an open house of the building including self-guided tours, food from Davidson restaurants, and activities.
11:00 a.m.: Ribbon-cutting ceremony in front of the newly renovated building. Everyone is invited to gather on the front steps and in the areas in front of the building.
The program will continue in the auditorium where attendees will hear remarks from town leaders and watch a short video. Following remarks, attendees can participate in the following celebratory activities until 2:00 p.m.:
• Take a self-guided tour of the building, with a handy map and staff stationed throughout
• Enjoy food from local eateries
• Get photographed by Tap Snap with the new town hall in the background
• View a “History Wall” with photos, exhibits of building, architect, etc.
• Paint a reclaimed tile from the old building to be displayed in the outside garden- this is a family activity.
• Donate items to the preserved classroom such as yearbooks, pictures, etc.
• View the art installation created by students at Davidson College in the lower level
• View a mural of downtown Davidson painted by Krissy Feighery in the first floor Conference Room 134
The Town of Davidson appreciates the grand opening contributions made by the following local businesses: Ben & Jerry’s, Benco Productions, Carrburritos, Lake Norman Balloon Co., Krissy Feighery, Milkbread, and Table & Board.
For answers to questions about the upcoming grand opening festivities, please contact Town Clerk Betsy Shores at [email protected] or Economic Development Manager Kim Fleming at [email protected]