This Week at DFM: July 1
Prime Season Market
July 1, 2023
9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Rain or Shine! No pets please.
Shopping starts at the ringing of the market bell.
Saturday is our Fourth of July Market! And although the weather may not be perfect, our vendor’s tables will be! Everything you need to have an epic or low key cookout can be found at the Davidson Farmers Market!
- Chicken, Steak, Ground Beef, Lamb, Pork, Fish – check!
- Corn, Tomatoes, Basil, Squash, Zucchini, Eggplant, Onions, Peppers – check!
- Potatoes, Okra, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Brussels, Chard, Tomatillos – check!
- Breads, Pastas, Eggs, Sauces, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Goat Cheese, honey – check!
- Quiches, Pot Pies, Danishes, Buns, Cakes, Pies, Cookies, Muffins – check!
Be sure to seek out our fruit farmers that will have peaches and blackberries. New this week – cantaloupe!
And as always treat yourself or your special someones with a bouquet of hand picked flowers and some locally made body and face products.
You can find staff and volunteers under the red market tent at the main entrance. We will be happy to assist you and happy to sell you a market tote bag, hat or T-shirt!
Come on out to the Market this Saturday to get all of your goods!
See you there,
Buy local, eat fresh!
July 1, 2023 at the DFM
- Welcome Carolina Edge knife sharpening to the DFM! Bring your knives and drop them off with Larry. He’ll sharpen your knives and tools while you shop. Couldn’t be any easier. Find out more about Carolina Edge right here!
- MUSIC with Maggie Lowe! You do not want to miss Maggie on Saturday – she’s a super talented singer/songwriter, with several dashes of humor and smiles!
- Stop by the Mecklenburg County Master Gardeners table to welcome them back to the DFM. They will be at the market every Saturday for all of your local gardening Q&As.
- Let’s hear it for a locally sourced food truck! CFT Bistro will be at the DFM again this Saturday to cook up some local breakfast and lunch goodness! Make sure to check out their weekly specials too!
New Product Shoutout!
Stop by Uncle Pep’s located in the Summit Parking Lot off of Main Street. They are now producing an Old Fashioned Mix and it’s launching this Saturday at the DFM! This new mix is being added to their lineup of existing handcrafted mixes – Bloody Mary, Margarita + Brunch Punch (with peaches). So delicious and NOT loaded with sugar and preservatives!
New at the DFM – Thoughtful Baking Co has created a free pastry passport to celebrate all the wonderful pastries that are available at the DFM. Stop by the Thoughtful Baking booth to grab your Pastry Passport this Saturday. Each time you purchase a pastry from a participating vendor, you will earn a passport stamp. Once you collect all the stamps, return to Thoughtful Baking Co. for a delicious prize! Fun and delicious, while supporting local pastry makers!
Reminder – The Davidson Farmers Market vendors are happy to accept Snap/EBT. When you Snap We Match! Let Us Double Your SNAP dollars, up to $50! For more information on the SNAP/ Double Bucks program please go to the DFM Market tent.
- “Spring Egg Coupons” are now available for all DFM SNAP users. For more information on the SNAP/ Double Bucks program and the Spring Egg coupons, please go to the DFM Market tent.
Give the Gift of DFM
The Davidson Farmers Market is a registered 501(c)(3) organization and our operations would not be possible without the generous support of our donors, sponsors, and volunteers.
The season of giving is upon us, and we hope you will consider DFM as you make your year-end gifts. Your support enables the market to thrive, attracting an average of 1,600 shoppers every week. When you shop at DFM, you not only support thirty-nine amazing local producers who come from within a 100-mile radius of our community, and represent over 1,100 acres in surrounding counties, you also:
- Stimulate our local economy and aid in the preservation of farmland
- Create opportunities for business incubation and micro-enterprise for farmers & vendors
- Strengthen our local food system while reducing the carbon footprint
- Foster social interaction among an economically, racially, and ethnically diverse shopper base
To make a tax deductible contribution, visit our secure online gift form or mail a check to PO Box 2534, Davidson NC 28036
Like we always say, the DFM could not happen without the support of our community. Thank you… DFM vendors for providing a bounty of fresh and healthy local products, DFM Sponsors for their financial support, DFM Green team who volunteers time, talent and energy, DFM musicians for beautiful music and Town of Davidson for providing a clean and centric location for the market!
A huge thank you to those individuals who donate to support the DFM. Your support enables the market’s mission and helps sustain DFM as a vibrant community gathering place and source for healthy, locally grown produce and products. To make a donation, visit our secure, online gift form or mail a check to PO Box 2534, Davidson, NC 28036. All donations are tax deductible. Thank you!
It has been 15 years since a small group of Davidson citizens decided we needed a Farmers Market. I doubt even the most ardent fan of markets or the most optimistic could have imagined the Market we have today. With close to 40 vendors, an average of 1800 shoppers a week and strong community support we set a high standard for what a local, producer only market should look like. Saturday mornings are a cacophony of sights and sounds and smells and I delight in finding a few minutes to sit and take it all in. I love to watch the families introducing their children to fresh fruits and vegetables and piling carriages high with flowers or seeing a small hand reach up to touch a brightly colored pepper. I listen to vendors answering questions about how to best prepare okra or explaining about different types of mushrooms. Our vendors are passionate about their product because they produce it themselves and despite long lines and hot sun, they always seem pleased to be at the Market. It feels so good to see people listening to the music and placing tips in the can, and sometimes singing along. Maybe you are part of a group or a club or a team that would like to come out and help set up and enjoy the perks of fellowship and early bird shopping.
So come to shop or volunteer or both, and take some time to let all the special parts of the Market really sink in. It’s worth the time!
DFM “Need to Knows”
Shopping starts at the ringing of the market bell. No entrance to market area prior to bell.
Payment: Most vendors accept cash and credit cards.
Parking: You can find public parking along Main Street, Jackson Street, the Davidson Presbyterian Church parking lot at the corner of Depot & Jackson Streets. All of which are just a short walk form a Market entrance.
Davidson Farmers Market partners with a local food pantry, Hearts and Hands. Each week the DFM offers a donation bin for the DFM Community to drop their donations. The bin is located at the DFM Market Tent.
No pets: While we all love to have dogs around town, the Davidson Farmers Market is a dog & pet free Market. Pets are not permitted within the Market grounds. As always, service animals are welcome.
Questions: Look for the DFM Market Tent or [email protected]