Women’s Tennis and Five ‘Cats Recognized by the ITA
DAVIDSON, N.C. – The Davidson women’s tennis team was recognized by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association as a 2023 All-Academic Team, and five Wildcats earned individual Scholar-Athlete honors. The Wildcats were one of 234 Division I teams to earn team recognition.
It also marked the second time in the last three years that Davidson was recognized as a team for their academic efforts. To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- Have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- All student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- All varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year
Individually, five ‘Cats were recognized by the ITA as Scholar-Athletes which is tied for the most selections by a Davidson team since 2013. Emma Heiderscheit, Kavya Patel, Linden Patterson, Daniela Porges, and Franny Shea all met the criteria and were recognized by the national organization. To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- Be listed on the institutional eligibility form
It is the second time being named an ITA Scholar-Athlete for Heiderscheit, Patel, and Patterson. Patel and Patterson were selections last season while Heiderschiet made the list back in 2020.