Davidson Farmers Market Re-Opens This Saturday
This Saturday is DFM’s grand reopening! The market will have both in-person shopping AND pre-order pick-up. If you are interested in pre-ordering, please check out the list of farmers and merchants in the “Ready, Set, Social Distancing” article.
The market will have a new look and ways of operation. To ensure the success of DFM and to keep everyone safe and healthy, we ask that everyone follow the market’s new guidelines and operating systems. The most important guidelines are: using the entrance and exit, wearing a mask to enter the market, following the flow of traffic, and asking a vendor before touching product.
Please review the following Market Map to locate vendors and familiarize yourself with the flow of traffic. Additionally, maps will be available at the Market Tent for shoppers.
We are excited to see everyone this Saturday and expect a great turnout. We kindly ask that you please follow DFM’s new guidelines and respect social distancing and limit your time within the market to ensure everyone can shop.
When visiting the market, please do not hesitate to ask one of our volunteers or staff (we’re in the lime colored shirts) for help. We are here for you and look forward to welcoming everyone back!
What to Expect
The market will look a little different when we reopen.
DFM Hours, Every Saturday starting July 11: 9:00 a.m. – Noon
The biggest change is the layout. The market now has a perimeter, creating a flow for shopper traffic and allow DFM to monitor the number of shoppers in the space at one time. The market is still located behind Summit Coffee, but is now primarily in the Jackson Street Parking lot and the green space around it.
The Market has ONE ENTRANCE and ONE EXIT to create a one-way flow of shopper traffic. The entrance is at the top of the Jackson Street Parking Lot, entering near the red tent. To the right of the entrance will be the Market Tent.
We Ask That You Please
- Wear a mask to enter DFM;
- Please refrain from touching products, unless a vendor has made hand sanitizer and food handling available – this will differ by vendor;
- Maintain social distancing when shopping: at least 6 feet;
- Credit card payments encouraged and accepted, keep cash payments to a minimum;
- Minimize gathering within the market, catch up with folks outside the market boundaries;
- Only use the designated entrance and exit for the market, and;
- No pets allowed in the market; certified service animals welcome.